Low fat vegan summer treats to spoil your pup in the best way!
Clean. Fun. Nutritious.
Keep your dog cool this summer with this fun and nutritious homemade pupsicle recipe.
It is best to prepare it early in the morning or the evening before. All our ingredients are children friendly too, so make it an entertaining activity for the whole family.
Nutritional Benefits: Apples are low in calories and full of vitamins. They are high in soluble fibre which is great to maintain regular bowel movement. We love organic cold pressed Coconut oil and Cinnamon for their wonderful anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 3 – 4 hours
2 cups fresh washed apples (green or red)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons organic cold pressed coconut oil
Optional: use bone shaped treats from The Golden Bone Bakery as Pupsicle sticks
Ice cube trays or silicone muffin trays
Tip: use mini silicone muffin trays for smaller dogs
- Cut apples in quarters and remove stem and seeds.
- Place apples, coconut oil and cinnamon in blender and mix until well pureed.
- Pour the mixture into your favourite ice cube trays.
- Optional: Wait for 20mins, so the apple-cinnamon mix will solidify enough to stick in your pup’s favourite bone shape treat to use as a pupsicle stick.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours and spoil your furry friend!
Your pup will love you even more!
Stay tuned for new healthy homemade recipes coming soon and comment below if you liked this recipe.